NakNak: Entranceway Objects
From a Taiwanese metal workshop and now based in Stockholm, NakNak works with the most exciting and original designers from around the world to create simple, functional and beautiful objects that help organize the space. Its products are mainly made using wire bending and sheet folding techniques that require great experience and workmanship. The brand believes this handcraft and expertise is worth preserving and passing on to future generations. Inspired by the ‘knock knock’ sound of the metal workshop, the name NakNak represents the skilled touch of the craftsman and the very material that is at the heart of all our products. Its aim is simple: it want to bring organization to life. It always keeps exploring people’s entranceway needs because a comfortable and organized entranceway offers warm welcome and cozy feelings to people and their guests.
As part of its second participation of the SFF – Stockholm Furniture &Light Fair 2016 from 9 to 13 February 2016, NakNak invites Finnish designer Mika Tolvanen and Swedish designer Peter Andersson to join the project and to present new designs for entrances and halls at the fair. At the same time, the brand worked with TAF ARCHITECTS – design and architecture studio – within product and Interior Design on SFF stand design. Indeed, together they created a new pattern made by a marker. Join the NakNak Team at stand B05:02.
Images – ©Naknak :
- WALL GUTTER is a minimal shelf that keeps everyday personal belongings for basic needs. It offers an organized way to store your keys, letters, wallets, and pocket book.
- WIRE ALPHABET is the extension of the WIRE NUMBER system for outdoor and indoor entrances. Inspired by the beauty of customized door numbers on old streets and downtown neon lights, WIRE ALPHABET makes your entrance more recognizable, while identifying your space in a delicate and unique way. Every WIRE ALPHABET is unique because of the specialized production method. After the necessary machine-made processes, skilled craftsmen bend each wire into several specific curves to form every letter.
- The entrance or hallway is often a very narrow space, which TAF took as a challenge to make a cabinet set that fit SUPER NARROW proportions. This cabinet was inspired by the aesthetics of a blue garbage bin outside their studio in Stockholm. It is ideal for organizing your accessories, gloves, scarves, and pocket books.
- HOOP is a modern take on an antique umbrella stand that designer Mika saw at a flea market. A slender oval wire suspended above a cast iron base offers stable umbrella storage with a compact footprint.
- DUAL is an iconic hanger with an extra hook for bags, or for adding another hanger. The extra function saves space and creates order among clothes and bags. The double function turns the hanger into something unexpected and expressive.