This online edition celebrates established and upcoming female practitioners in art, design and architecture to celebrate diversity in the creative industries.
Women in Art, Design and Architecture
In her first showing in Scandinavia, Korean-German artist Jongsuk Yoon takes over the largest exhibition hall at the Nordic Watercolour Museum with her immense murals.
76 artists presented by 28 galleries across five Nordic capitals. CHART launches its de-centred programme of exhibitions, talks, and events taking place in each participating gallery from 28-30 August, marking the eighth edition of the annual Nordic event for contemporary art.
Before Kandinsky, Malevich and Mondrian, there was Hilma af Klint. After a breakout exhibition of her work in their Stockholm museum back in 2013, Malmö’s Moderna Musseet revisits the Swedish artist’s oeuvre to present new insights into af Klimt’s systematic research.
Now available through MoMa’s ‘Virtual Views’ programme, Neri Oxman’s latest exhibition not only takes a critical look at the future of architecture and design, but also aims to re-define the role of the designer as the initiator of a process, rather than the decisive form-giver of an object.
Greek artist Athina Ioannou maximizes and reinterprets painting through minimal and economic means. Her sensuous ‘abstract’ painting – what she refers to as ‘plus-painting’ – arises from the ‘intensification’ of ready-made carriers through the patient all-over saturation of her work with linseed oil.
Deep in the middle of the Flemish fields, Belgian designer Carine Boxy creates large interior landscapes of sheepskin that drape over floors, walls and furniture. Her beautiful workplace breathes her aesthetics: rough, spontaneous and close to nature.
TLmagazine speaks to visual artist Åsa Jungnelius in light of the uncomfortable circumstances caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. Especially now, her methodology and materialization sparks interesting perspectives and discussions.
What truths do maps truly convey about our place in the world? Continuing her methodological focus on sustainability and temporality, the newest series of works by British-Taiwanese artist Rain Wu allows us to re-imagine our relationship with these cultural artefacts.
The vibrant colours of Bela Silva’s newest series give Spazio Nobile’s space a Spring awakening. Inspired by the artist’s recent trip to Mexico, the show celebrates Latin-American culture, its history and diverse craftsmanship in a cycle of drawings, ceramic works and a Codex Mexico.
All online editions
- America Today
- Architonic: Material Tendencies
- Art & Nature
- Art & Performance
- Art & Poetry
- Art & Therapy
- Austrian Showcase
- AW2 - Architecture Workshop
- Belgique - België
- Bio Art and Design
- Brussels Design September
- Brussels Gallery Weekend
- Cabinet Makers & Wood Sculptors
- Collectible Fair
- Contemporary Jewellery
- Design Miami Basel
- Dubai Design
- Dutch Design Week
- Earth and Clay
- Eye on Britain
- Focus on Brussels
- Focus on Finland
- Focus on Miami
- Focus on Milan
- Focus on New York
- Focus on Paris
- Focus on Venice
- French Waves
- From East Asia
- Glass Is Tomorrow
- Going Dutch
- Human Cities
- Iberian Vibes
- imm Cologne
- London Design Festival
- Made in Italy
- Madrid Design Festival
- Marble & Stone
- MENASA News
- Metal & Silver
- Milan Design Week
- NEARCH special edition
- Nordic News
- Sacre de la Matière
- Spazio Nobile Gallery
- Swiss Swish
- Textile Art & Weavers
- The German Scene
- TLmag 14 Extended: Objects of Desire
- TLmag 15 Extended: New Territories
- TLmag 16 Extended: New Asian Talent
- TLmag 18 Extended: Duo Design
- TLmag 19 Extended: Radical Design
- TLmag 23 Extended: Americas All That Jazz
- TLmag 24 Extended: From East Asia to Northern Europe
- TLmag 25 Extended: Alpine Creatives
- TLmag 26 Extended: High & Low – Amsterdam – Paris – Brussels
- TLmag 27 Extended: New New York
- TLmag 28 Extended: Asian Aesthetics
- TLmag 29 Extended: Afriques / Africas
- TLmag 30 Extended: Archæology Now!
- TLmag 31 Extended: Islands of Creation
- TLmag 32 Extended: Contemporary Applied
- TLmag 33 Extended: New Age of Humanism
- TLmag 34 Extended: Precious A Geology of Being
- TLmag Extended Print Editions
- TLmag Istanbul
- TLmag Nasza Polska
- TLmag Norwegian Crafts
- TLmag Silver Edition
- TLmag Special Editions
- Venice Biennale
- Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
- Winter Forms / Spring Forms