From her position halfway between art and craft, Brussels-based textile artist Élise Peroi walks a tightrope: one step in weaving, the other in performance. TLmag speaks with the busy young artist.
Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
TLmag sits down with specialists in retail and digital communication Marie Soudré-Richard and Hélène Guerret, cofounders of Le Collectif Paris.
TLmag sits down with Maarten De Ceulaer, a Brussels-based Belgian designer who has never ceased to push his thirst for creation ever further.
Atelier Jespers presents Les Assises du Temps Perdu: an original composition of sculptural chairs highlight conceived by the designer Anthony Guerrée.
For 15 years, dressmaking workshop Mulieris, in Brussels’ Anderlecht district, has been part of a vocational reintegration programme dedicated to providing excellence. A meeting with Rachida Lazrak, general coordinator and key player in Belgium’s fashion landscape today.
Founder of architectural agency AWAA, Charly Wittock’s spoke to TLmag about the current, future society and return to the origins of man and his know-how.
TLmag speaks to Brussels-born Valentine Witmeur, who made herself known as an influencer before turning to knit sweater design.
At 25, this Namibia-born, Belgian-Japanese designer chose to change his career path – making one of the best decisions of his life. Immersed in multiple cultures, but deeply rooted in the dynamics of the Belgian design scene, he embodies ‘Belgitude’ 2.0.
Having been CEO of leather goods brand from 2012 to 2018, Marco Probst is (since December) once again the happy CEO of his Maison. He guards his secret with Germanic rigour mixed with a smidgeon of Belgian fantasy.
Founder of the fashion department of the Ecole nationale supérieure des Arts Visuels (ENSAV) in Brussels, in 1986, which she later baptised La Cambre Mode(s), Francine Pairon continued to pursue her vision, eventually creating a postgraduate degree in fashion design at the Institut Français de la Mode (IFM) in Paris.
This UK-born, Brussels-based, Franco-Irish designer embodies what Belgium does best in terms of multiculturalism. We recently met with this prolific designer who is as comfortable creating luxury products for Hermes, Philips, Delvaux or LVMH. as he is reflecting on the challenges of contemporary design.
This French lawyer specialising in European and copyright law has lived in Brussels for 30 years. Convinced that art and design are sources of innovation and drivers of societal change, he founded KEA, a research agency that aims to support the potential of cultural and creative companies.
All online editions
- America Today
- Architonic: Material Tendencies
- Art & Nature
- Art & Performance
- Art & Poetry
- Art & Therapy
- Austrian Showcase
- AW2 - Architecture Workshop
- Belgique - België
- Bio Art and Design
- Brussels Design September
- Brussels Gallery Weekend
- Cabinet Makers & Wood Sculptors
- Collectible Fair
- Contemporary Art Photography
- Contemporary Jewellery
- Design Miami Basel
- Dubai Design
- Dutch Design Week
- Earth and Clay
- Eye on Britain
- Focus on Brussels
- Focus on Finland
- Focus on Mexico
- Focus on Miami
- Focus on Milan
- Focus on New York
- Focus on Paris
- Focus on Venice
- French Waves
- From East Asia
- Glass Is Tomorrow
- Going Dutch
- Human Cities
- Iberian Vibes
- Iconic Houses and Collectible Art/Design
- imm Cologne
- London Design Festival
- Made in Italy
- Madrid Design Festival
- Marble & Stone
- MENASA News
- Metal & Silver
- Milan Design Week
- NEARCH special edition
- Nordic News
- Sacre de la Matière
- Spazio Nobile Gallery
- Stellar Works
- Studio MVW
- Swiss Swish
- Textile Art & Weavers
- The German Scene
- TLmag 14 Extended: Objects of Desire
- TLmag 15 Extended: New Territories
- TLmag 16 Extended: New Asian Talent
- TLmag 18 Extended: Duo Design
- TLmag 19 Extended: Radical Design
- TLmag 23 Extended: Americas All That Jazz
- TLmag 24 Extended: From East Asia to Northern Europe
- TLmag 25 Extended: Alpine Creatives
- TLmag 26 Extended: High & Low – Amsterdam – Paris – Brussels
- TLmag 27 Extended: New New York
- TLmag 28 Extended: Asian Aesthetics
- TLmag 29 Extended: Afriques / Africas
- TLmag 30 Extended: Archæology Now!
- TLmag 31 Extended: Islands of Creation
- TLmag 32 Extended: Contemporary Applied
- TLmag 33 Extended: New Age of Humanism
- TLmag 34 Extended: Precious A Geology of Being
- TLmag 35 Extended: Tactile/Textile/Texture
- TLmag Extended Print Editions
- TLmag Istanbul
- TLmag Nasza Polska
- TLmag Norwegian Crafts
- TLmag Silver Edition
- TLmag Special Editions
- TLmag36 Extended: All is Landscape
- TLmag37 Extended: State of Gold
- TLmag38 Origin
- Venice Biennale
- Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
- West Coast
- Winter Forms / Spring Forms
- Women in Art, Design and Architecture