The House of Hosoo and Stellar Works put forward their passion for craft and tradition in a stunning showroom in Kyoto. Located in a traditional Japanese family house, the space reveals a unique collaboration between these two distinctive brands.
TLmag Special Editions
Researching the history of sheep farming and textiles near their home in northern Italy has led ruga.perissinotto to develop a beautiful collection of home interior products using local wool.
On January 10, Heimtextil opened its doors for 3 days of activities and events promoting and celebrating all things textile. The highly respected trade show features 2400 exhibitors this year from over 120 countries.
TLmag spoke to Borre Akkersdijk, the designer and entrepreneur behind BYBORRE, the innovative company that is changing the way textiles can be made.
The multidisciplinary architecture and design studio T Sakhi present a series of fifteen new sculptural vases made with metal waste and Murano glass.
Le Stanze del Vetro presents Venini: Light 1921-1985, an exhibition curated by Marino Barovier that explores the field of lighting, from small scale domestic use to large scale installations, produced by this iconic glass company.
“The dream of water”, a new exhibition of glass sculptures and site-specific installations by French artist, Jean Michel Othoniel, is currently on view at the Postman Cheval’s Ideal Palace as part of the institution’s 110-year anniversary.
In 2021, Chiara Alessi spoke with Milan-based designer, Marialaura Irvine, about her use of embroidery as both an art form and creative process, and her role in Studio Irvine. Currently, Marialaura just completed an interiors project at the Circulo Filologico, in Milan, and is preparing to debut a new collection of rugs with Spazio Nobile at NOMAD Capri, in July. More on that to come.
For our S/S 2021 issue: TLmag35: Tactile, Textile, Texture, Costanza Rinaldi wrote about the groundbreaking career of Maria Lai, a Sardinian born artist who used poetry and art as means to better understand life and its complexities, particularly as an independent woman of her generation.
Le Stanze del Vetro presents FontanaArte: House of Glass, a retrospective exhibition curated by Christian Larsen, which examines the contributions of the famous Milanese company in the years between 1932-1996. The exhibition is on view through July 31, 2022.
As part of their installation, Earth, Glass, Fire, at Collectible 2022, Spazio Nobile presented a selection of new glass vessels by contemporary Czech artist, Josef Divin. His distinctive process of hand blowing and hand cutting glass creates enigmatic and captivating works of art.
For TLmag35, Brussels-based journalist Sarah Schug, wrote about two designers who are pursuing innovative techniques in weaving using natural materials like pine needles & roots
All online editions
- America Today
- Architonic: Material Tendencies
- Art & Nature
- Art & Performance
- Art & Poetry
- Art & Therapy
- Austrian Showcase
- AW2 - Architecture Workshop
- Belgique - België
- Bio Art and Design
- Brussels Design September
- Brussels Gallery Weekend
- Cabinet Makers & Wood Sculptors
- Collectible Fair
- Contemporary Art Photography
- Contemporary Jewellery
- Design Miami Basel
- Dubai Design
- Dutch Design Week
- Earth and Clay
- Eye on Britain
- Focus on Brussels
- Focus on Finland
- Focus on Mexico
- Focus on Miami
- Focus on Milan
- Focus on New York
- Focus on Paris
- Focus on Venice
- French Waves
- From East Asia
- Glass Is Tomorrow
- Going Dutch
- Human Cities
- Iberian Vibes
- Iconic Houses and Collectible Art/Design
- imm Cologne
- London Design Festival
- Made in Italy
- Madrid Design Festival
- Marble & Stone
- MENASA News
- Metal & Silver
- Milan Design Week
- NEARCH special edition
- Nordic News
- Sacre de la Matière
- Spazio Nobile Gallery
- Stellar Works
- Studio MVW
- Swiss Swish
- Textile Art & Weavers
- The German Scene
- TLmag 14 Extended: Objects of Desire
- TLmag 15 Extended: New Territories
- TLmag 16 Extended: New Asian Talent
- TLmag 18 Extended: Duo Design
- TLmag 19 Extended: Radical Design
- TLmag 23 Extended: Americas All That Jazz
- TLmag 24 Extended: From East Asia to Northern Europe
- TLmag 25 Extended: Alpine Creatives
- TLmag 26 Extended: High & Low – Amsterdam – Paris – Brussels
- TLmag 27 Extended: New New York
- TLmag 28 Extended: Asian Aesthetics
- TLmag 29 Extended: Afriques / Africas
- TLmag 30 Extended: Archæology Now!
- TLmag 31 Extended: Islands of Creation
- TLmag 32 Extended: Contemporary Applied
- TLmag 33 Extended: New Age of Humanism
- TLmag 34 Extended: Precious A Geology of Being
- TLmag 35 Extended: Tactile/Textile/Texture
- TLmag Extended Print Editions
- TLmag Istanbul
- TLmag Nasza Polska
- TLmag Norwegian Crafts
- TLmag Silver Edition
- TLmag Special Editions
- TLmag36 Extended: All is Landscape
- TLmag37 Extended: State of Gold
- TLmag38 Origin
- Venice Biennale
- Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
- West Coast
- Winter Forms / Spring Forms
- Women in Art, Design and Architecture