Christoph Hefti is a textile designer whose playful and curious practise spans decades in and beyond the realm of fashion. In this extensive interview, TLmag catches up with Hefti to talk about his latest solo show at Dries van Noten’s ‘Little House’ in LA.
Textile Art & Weavers
Masataka Hosoo, innovator and president of HOSOO, a Kyoto-based traditional kimono textile maker, is bringing Nishijin-ori weaving techniques and textiles to the forefront of the design and fashion scenes worldwide. TLmag sat down with him to talk about HOSOO Studies: an ongoing R&D project that aims to create a modern perspective surrounding the relationship between human beings and textiles since ancient times.
From the nearly 18,000 objects in its collection, Hasselt Fashion Museum selected 170 items of clothing for their latest exhibition. Applying the principles of object-oriented research, the museum navigates through various codes to crack their language: form, fabric, vanitas, identity, and stories.
Commemorating 13 years since Noa Eshkol’s passing, TLmag revisits Gunia Nowik’s personal journey to Eshkol’s historic home in Holon (Israel) which was – and still is – the center of collaborative study for the Eshkol-Wachman Movement Notation (EWMN) and Eshkol’s dance repertoire.
Knit! by Kvadrat is a series of work by 28 different designers exploring the potential of knitted textiles by Kvadrat Febrik. Knit! debuts in Copenhagen during 3 Days of Design (3–5 September 2020) physically and as a digital, interactive exhibition that can be viewed worldwide.
On her old wooden loom, Marie Hazard weaves stories with miles of thread. Through a long and complex process, she brings together traditional hand weaving techniques and digital printing technology to explore contemporary social and cultural conditions.
Playing with scale and contradiction, Pae White is unafraid to push the limits of what a material or tool can do. Her ability to capture fleeting moments like a puff of cigarette smoke or the reflection of shiny tinfoil within a woven surface challenges our perceptions and adds a bit of magic into our everyday lives.
Even though the book only presents a small part of its extensive collection, the Van Hoe Collection’s latest publication, “Grammar of Textiles”, connects the relationship between craftsmanship, visual art and design with textile’s rich history.
Since late last year, TLmag and Formafantasma have been working together to create our latest Spring/Summer print-edition. A lot has changed between now and then, but one thing is sure: we are entering a new era of looking at and making for the world around us.
It’s no surprise that this Swedish artist has a background in both architecture and dance, as her handmade geometric shapes are studies in structural composition and movement. Bella talks to TLmag about her fascination with interfaces, the truth about intuition, and the similarities between yarn and smartphones.
All online editions
- America Today
- Architonic: Material Tendencies
- Art & Nature
- Art & Performance
- Art & Poetry
- Art & Therapy
- Austrian Showcase
- AW2 - Architecture Workshop
- Belgique - België
- Bio Art and Design
- Brussels Design September
- Brussels Gallery Weekend
- Cabinet Makers & Wood Sculptors
- Collectible Fair
- Contemporary Art Photography
- Contemporary Jewellery
- Design Miami Basel
- Dubai Design
- Dutch Design Week
- Earth and Clay
- Eye on Britain
- Focus on Brussels
- Focus on Finland
- Focus on Miami
- Focus on Milan
- Focus on New York
- Focus on Paris
- Focus on Venice
- French Waves
- From East Asia
- Glass Is Tomorrow
- Going Dutch
- Human Cities
- Iberian Vibes
- Iconic Houses and Collectible Art/Design
- imm Cologne
- London Design Festival
- Made in Italy
- Madrid Design Festival
- Marble & Stone
- MENASA News
- Metal & Silver
- Milan Design Week
- NEARCH special edition
- Nordic News
- Sacre de la Matière
- Spazio Nobile Gallery
- Stellar Works
- Studio MVW
- Swiss Swish
- The German Scene
- TLmag 14 Extended: Objects of Desire
- TLmag 15 Extended: New Territories
- TLmag 16 Extended: New Asian Talent
- TLmag 18 Extended: Duo Design
- TLmag 19 Extended: Radical Design
- TLmag 23 Extended: Americas All That Jazz
- TLmag 24 Extended: From East Asia to Northern Europe
- TLmag 25 Extended: Alpine Creatives
- TLmag 26 Extended: High & Low – Amsterdam – Paris – Brussels
- TLmag 27 Extended: New New York
- TLmag 28 Extended: Asian Aesthetics
- TLmag 29 Extended: Afriques / Africas
- TLmag 30 Extended: Archæology Now!
- TLmag 31 Extended: Islands of Creation
- TLmag 32 Extended: Contemporary Applied
- TLmag 33 Extended: New Age of Humanism
- TLmag 34 Extended: Precious A Geology of Being
- TLmag Extended Print Editions
- TLmag Istanbul
- TLmag Nasza Polska
- TLmag Norwegian Crafts
- TLmag Silver Edition
- TLmag Special Editions
- Venice Biennale
- Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
- Winter Forms / Spring Forms
- Women in Art, Design and Architecture