Finnish textile artist Kustaa Saksi presents a decade of his hypnotic, intricate and beautiful jacquard weavings, along with two new special commissions, at the Design Museum, Helsinki through October 15, 2023.
Textile Art & Weavers
Shoji Fabrics, a new collection of transparent fabrics that includes 16 variations in two types: ‘Diaphanous’ and ‘Essence’, designed by Mae Engelgeer in collaboration with the House of Hosoo, launched during Milan Design Week along with the opening of the Hosoo Milan showroom. This collection is part of an ongoing collaboration between the artist and heritage brand.
For our S/S 2021 issue: TLmag35: Tactile, Textile, Texture, Costanza Rinaldi wrote about the groundbreaking career of Maria Lai, a Sardinian born artist who used poetry and art as means to better understand life and its complexities, particularly as an independent woman of her generation.
Equal parts artist and activist, Cian Dayrit sat down with TLmag to explain why his art – usually in the form of embroidered textiles – fights against all forms of oppression across the globe and becomes a place of hope where social justice can survive and thrive.
Meet the new generation of African creatives taking the continent’s textile culture into the future. Helen Jennings reports.
Darshana Shilpi Rouget launched Alba Amicorum with a unique vision of bringing artistic minds together. Both the atelier in London and their engaging website offer a platform where artists, artisans, collectors and collaborators can meet and discover something new.
For 15-years, textile artist, Rachel Duvall, has worked on her intricate and complex weavings, which explore the tension between structure and the handmade. TLmag spoke to the artist about her practice.
For our S/S 2021 issue: TLmag35: Tactle/Textile/Texture, Anniina Koivu, guest-editor of TLmag35, interviewed Hella Jongerius about her innovative practice that has recently focused on the potential of weaving and 3D weaving in design, architecture and science.
TLmag interviewed Simone Pheulpin for its S/S 2021 issue, TLmag35: Tactile/Textile/Texture. The French artist, who received Special Mention from the Loewe Craft Prize in 2018, opens an exhibition of her folded, fabric sculptures at the Musée des arts decoratifs in Paris on December 7th.
TLmag speaks with Roosmarijn Pallandt, who creates multi-faceted work that echoes and embodies themes of recollection, myth and transformation.
Christoph Hefti is a textile designer whose playful and curious practise spans decades in and beyond the realm of fashion. In this extensive interview, TLmag catches up with Hefti to talk about his latest solo show at Dries van Noten’s ‘Little House’ in LA.
Kiki van Eijk’s current retrospective exhibition at the Textiel Museum in Tilburg brings fresh insight into the artist’s creative imagination.
All online editions
- America Today
- Architonic: Material Tendencies
- Art & Nature
- Art & Performance
- Art & Poetry
- Art & Therapy
- Austrian Showcase
- AW2 - Architecture Workshop
- Belgique - België
- Bio Art and Design
- Brussels Design September
- Brussels Gallery Weekend
- Cabinet Makers & Wood Sculptors
- Collectible Fair
- Contemporary Art Photography
- Contemporary Jewellery
- Design Miami Basel
- Dubai Design
- Dutch Design Week
- Earth and Clay
- Eye on Britain
- Focus on Brussels
- Focus on Finland
- Focus on Mexico
- Focus on Miami
- Focus on Milan
- Focus on New York
- Focus on Paris
- Focus on Venice
- French Waves
- From East Asia
- Glass Is Tomorrow
- Going Dutch
- Human Cities
- Iberian Vibes
- Iconic Houses and Collectible Art/Design
- imm Cologne
- London Design Festival
- Made in Italy
- Madrid Design Festival
- Marble & Stone
- MENASA News
- Metal & Silver
- Milan Design Week
- NEARCH special edition
- Nordic News
- Sacre de la Matière
- Spazio Nobile Gallery
- Stellar Works
- Studio MVW
- Swiss Swish
- Textile Art & Weavers
- The German Scene
- TLmag 14 Extended: Objects of Desire
- TLmag 15 Extended: New Territories
- TLmag 16 Extended: New Asian Talent
- TLmag 18 Extended: Duo Design
- TLmag 19 Extended: Radical Design
- TLmag 23 Extended: Americas All That Jazz
- TLmag 24 Extended: From East Asia to Northern Europe
- TLmag 25 Extended: Alpine Creatives
- TLmag 26 Extended: High & Low – Amsterdam – Paris – Brussels
- TLmag 27 Extended: New New York
- TLmag 28 Extended: Asian Aesthetics
- TLmag 29 Extended: Afriques / Africas
- TLmag 30 Extended: Archæology Now!
- TLmag 31 Extended: Islands of Creation
- TLmag 32 Extended: Contemporary Applied
- TLmag 33 Extended: New Age of Humanism
- TLmag 34 Extended: Precious A Geology of Being
- TLmag 35 Extended: Tactile/Textile/Texture
- TLmag Extended Print Editions
- TLmag Istanbul
- TLmag Nasza Polska
- TLmag Norwegian Crafts
- TLmag Silver Edition
- TLmag Special Editions
- TLmag36 Extended: All is Landscape
- TLmag37 Extended: State of Gold
- TLmag38 Origin
- Venice Biennale
- Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
- West Coast
- Winter Forms / Spring Forms
- Women in Art, Design and Architecture