Hilario Galguera Gallery in Madrid presents “The Flemish Room. Avalanche”, featuring work by four Ghent-based contemporary artists: Willem Boel, Maxime Brigou, Marie Cloquet and Stijn Cole.
TLmag36 Extended: All is Landscape
Lionel Estève brings the magic of the night sky and the simplicity of river stones to create a beautiful installation about the landscape.
In Praise of Caves: Organic Architecture Projects from Mexico by Carlos Lazo, Mathias Goeritz, Juan O’Gorman, and Javier Senosiain, is a fascinating exhibition that looks at four revolutionary artists, architects and thinkers who explored the idea of living more connected to the earth in ways that are as relevant today as they ever were.
Master wood turner and artist, Ernst Gamperl, presents an exhibition of new work in the UK titled, “Oak Vessels”, a series of 21 unique objects made from a 310-year old felled tree that was once on the property of Houghton Hall.
A/W 2021: TLmag36: All Is Landscape, featured a photography portfolio of the sublime work of Japanese landscape photographer Toshio Shibata.
For TLmag36: All is Landscape, Bas Smets interviewed Japanese artist Rei Naito, whose subtle and almost illusive work has inspired him for years.
For our A/W 2021 issue: All is Landscape, TLmag had the pleasure of interviewing ceramic artist, Harriet Hellman, whose raw, elemental sculptural ceramic objects hold stories of time past and present.
TLmag spoke to Lionel Estève about his current exhibition, “Jolie Pluie,” on view at Grzegorzki Shows in Berlin, his ongoing fascination with rain, and why challenging situations often lead to the best results.
For TLmag36: All Is Landscape, guest editor, Bas Smets, invited author and activist, Kathelin Gray, to write about her experience and connections to the Biosphere 2, an experimental and ambitious project about the earth and climate change.
Through an engaging body of work that includes murals, video, research and design, Rebeca Méndez, faces up to climate emergency and shows us how the migration of a bird connects deeply to the health of the environment.
For TLmag36, Emanuele Coccia spoke with Sibylle Grandchamp about his ideas on nature, the role that culture can play in our understanding of the landscape, and how artists can help guide us to better engage in the seismic changes the world is experiencing.
TLmag gave Brussels-based artist, Sophie Whettnall, carte blanche to create a special feature for TLmag36: All Is Landscape. “My Quick Little Story About Landscape Painting,” is a series of red ink on paper drawings inspired by iconic landscapes from art history, many of which were directly connected to other themes in this issue, including Flemish landscapes and active volcanoes.
All online editions
- America Today
- Architonic: Material Tendencies
- Art & Nature
- Art & Performance
- Art & Poetry
- Art & Therapy
- Austrian Showcase
- AW2 - Architecture Workshop
- Belgique - België
- Bio Art and Design
- Brussels Design September
- Brussels Gallery Weekend
- Cabinet Makers & Wood Sculptors
- Collectible Fair
- Contemporary Art Photography
- Contemporary Jewellery
- Design Miami Basel
- Dubai Design
- Dutch Design Week
- Earth and Clay
- Eye on Britain
- Focus on Brussels
- Focus on Finland
- Focus on Mexico
- Focus on Miami
- Focus on Milan
- Focus on New York
- Focus on Paris
- Focus on Venice
- French Waves
- From East Asia
- Glass Is Tomorrow
- Going Dutch
- Human Cities
- Iberian Vibes
- Iconic Houses and Collectible Art/Design
- imm Cologne
- London Design Festival
- Made in Italy
- Madrid Design Festival
- Marble & Stone
- MENASA News
- Metal & Silver
- Milan Design Week
- NEARCH special edition
- Nordic News
- Sacre de la Matière
- Spazio Nobile Gallery
- Stellar Works
- Studio MVW
- Swiss Swish
- Textile Art & Weavers
- The German Scene
- TLmag 14 Extended: Objects of Desire
- TLmag 15 Extended: New Territories
- TLmag 16 Extended: New Asian Talent
- TLmag 18 Extended: Duo Design
- TLmag 19 Extended: Radical Design
- TLmag 23 Extended: Americas All That Jazz
- TLmag 24 Extended: From East Asia to Northern Europe
- TLmag 25 Extended: Alpine Creatives
- TLmag 26 Extended: High & Low – Amsterdam – Paris – Brussels
- TLmag 27 Extended: New New York
- TLmag 28 Extended: Asian Aesthetics
- TLmag 29 Extended: Afriques / Africas
- TLmag 30 Extended: Archæology Now!
- TLmag 31 Extended: Islands of Creation
- TLmag 32 Extended: Contemporary Applied
- TLmag 33 Extended: New Age of Humanism
- TLmag 34 Extended: Precious A Geology of Being
- TLmag 35 Extended: Tactile/Textile/Texture
- TLmag Extended Print Editions
- TLmag Istanbul
- TLmag Nasza Polska
- TLmag Norwegian Crafts
- TLmag Silver Edition
- TLmag Special Editions
- TLmag36 Extended: All is Landscape
- TLmag37 Extended: State of Gold
- TLmag38 Origin
- Venice Biennale
- Wallonie-Bruxelles Design Mode
- West Coast
- Winter Forms / Spring Forms
- Women in Art, Design and Architecture